LG Appliances Repair
LG promised you “Life’s Good”, right? What they really mean is – life is good when your appliances are working as they should!
If you have any trouble with your LG washer, dryer, washer/dryer combo, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, refrigerators, ranges, ovens, cooktops, microwaves, dishwashers, and vacuums, you need to call us immediately. We will rush into your home, answer your questions, provide you with a free estimate, and fix your problem! Our technicians are very much dedicated to their work, we stand behind every service, and proud of our long term commitment! We are servicing Los Angeles County, Orange County, Ventura County.
We fix the following LG appliances:
- All models of LG washers repair: front and top loads repair, steam and washer/dryer combos repair
- All types of LG dryers repair: DLG, DLE, GLGX, DLEX, LSDE, LSDG dryers repair
- LG washer/dryer combos repair: compact LG washer/dryer combo repair, front load LG washer/dryer combo repair
- LG conditioners repair: all types of LG conditioners L, LP, LG, and LW conditioners repair
- LG dehumidifiers repair
- LG refrigerators repair: 4 door French LG refrigerator, 3 door French LG refrigerator, side-by-side LG refrigerator, bottom freezer LG refrigerator, top freezer LG refrigerator
- LG ranges repair: LG electric ranges, LG gas ranges,
- LG ovens repair: freestanding LG oven repair, built-in LG oven repair
- LG cooktops repair
- LG microwave oven repair
- LG dishwasher repair: all types of LG fully-integrated and semi-integrated dishwashers repair
Call us toll free (800) 520-7044. Yes, we are open now.
LG Electronics reannounced recall of the dehumidifiers
More Than One Million Dollars in Property Damage Linked to Goldstar and Comfort-Aire Dehumidifiers.
LG Electronics Tianjin Appliance Co., in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), is urging consumers to check if they have recalled Goldstar or Comfort-Aire dehumidifiers. The firm is re-announcing the recall of about 98,000 of the dangerous dehumidifiers that pose a serious fire and burn hazard, and are believed to be responsible for more than one million dollars in property damage.
The power connector for the dehumidifiers compressor can short circuit, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers and their property.
The dehumidifiers were first recalled in December 2009 following eleven incidents, including four significant fires. Since that time, the company has received sixteen additional incident reports of arcing, smoke and fire associated with the dehumidifiers, including nine significant fires. No injuries have been reported. Fires are reported to have caused more than $1 million in property damage including:
- $500,000 in damage to a home in Gibsonia, Pa.
- $200,000 in damage to a home in New Brighton, Minn.
- $183,000 in damage to a home in Hudson, Mass.
- $192,000 in damage to a home in Valparaiso, Ind.
- $139,000 in damage to a home in Salem, Ohio
- $129,000 in damage to a home in Brielle, N.J.
- $ 95,000 in damage to a home in Philadelphia, Pa.
Because of the severity of the risks, CPSC and LG Electronics are concerned with the lack of consumer response to the recall. Only two percent of the 98,000 consumers who purchased these LG appliances have received a free repair, which means that consumers and their property remain at serious risk.
Anyone who has the recalled dehumidifiers is strongly encouraged to immediately stop using them, unplug them, and contact LG Electronics for the free repair.
The recall involves the 30 pint portable LG dehumidifiers sold under the Goldstar and Comfort-Aire brands. The dehumidifiers are white with a red shut-off button, controls for fan speed and humidity control, and a front-loading water bucket. Goldstar or Comfort-Aire is printed on the front. Model and serial number ranges included in this recall are listed in the table below. The model and serial numbers are located on the interior of the dehumidifier, and can be seen when the water bucket is removed.
- Brand Goldstar model # GHD30Y7 sold at Home Depot
- Serial Number Range 611TAxx00001 through 08400
- 611TAxx08401 through 40600
- 612TAxx00001 through 20400
- 612TAxx21001 through 30600
- Brand Goldstar model # DH305Y7 sold at Walmart
- Serial number range
- 612TAxx00001 through 00600
- 701TAxx00001 through 16800
- 702TAxx00001 through 03000
- Brand Confort-Air model BHD-301-C sold at variour retailers, including Ace Hardware, Do it best and Orgill Inc.
- Serial number range
- 611TA000001 through 001697
- 612TA000001 through 004200
- 701TA000001 through 000578
- 710TA000001 through 000599
The recalled dehumidifiers were sold at The Home Depot, Walmart, Ace Hardware, Do It Best, Orgill Inc., and other retailers nationwide from January 2007 through June 2008 for between $140 and $150. They were manufactured in China.
For additional information about the LG recall and for the location of an authorized service center for the LG appliances repair, contact LG toll free at (877) 220-0479 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, and between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. CT on Saturday, or visit the firm’s website at www.30pintdehumidifierrecall.com