Frigidaire Recalled Washers
Frigidaire Recalls Clothes Washers Due to Fire Hazard
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
35,000 units of Crosley®, Frigidaire®, Kelvinator®, Kenmore®, Wascomat®, and White-Westinghouse® clothes washers were recalled due to fire hazard.An internal defect in the washer’s drain pump can cause heat to build up, posing a fire hazard to the consumer.
No incidents or injuries have been reported.
This recall involves the Crosley®, Frigidaire®, Kelvinator®, Kenmore®, Wascomat®, and White-Westinghouse® top load washers, 3.1 cubic foot front load washers and laundry centers.
Product Type Brand Model Serial Number
Top Load Washer
- Crosley, Frigidaire, Kelvinator,
- White- Westinghouse CTW100FW GLWS1749FS SWS833HS
- FTW3011KW KWS1349DS SWX703HQ
- FTW3014KW MWS939AS SWX703HS
- FWS1233FS SWS1233HQ WWS833FS
- FWS933FS SWS1233HS WWTW3000KW
- GLWS1439FC SWS1339HS
- GLWS1439FS SWS1649HS
- XC90306228 to XC91606302
- Front Load Washer Crosley, Frigidaire, Wascomat,
- White- Westinghouse CFW2000FW FTF530FS WE17N
- FCCW3000FS GLTF1570FS WTF330HS
- FTF1240FS WE17M
- XC90501765 to XC91607678
- Laundry Center Crosley, Frigidaire, Kenmore,
- White -Westinghouse 97812 CLCE900FW GLET1142FS
- 97912 FEX831FS GLGH1642FS
- 97962 FGX831FS GLGT1031FS
- C97812 FLGB8200FS GLGT1142FS
- C97912 GCET1031FS MEX731CFS
- C97962 GLEH1642FS SWSG1031HS
- CLCE500FW GLET1031FS SWXG831HS
- XE85104013 to XE91603486
*Not all serial numbers within these ranges are affected.
Model and serial numbers can be located as follows:
Top load washer = open the product’s lid, and the model and serial number are located inside the product’s lid, on the top, right hand corner.
Front load washer = open the door, and the model and serial number are located with other information at the top, center.
Laundry center = open the door to the dryer, and the model and serial number are located on the outer edge of the door nearest the door’s handle.
The units were sold by Sears and other retailers nationwide from February 2009 through May 2009 for between $300 and $1100.
Consumers should immediately unplug and stop using the machine. Consumers should contact Frigidaire or Sears (if unit was purchased there) to schedule a free repair.
For additional information, contact Frigidaire at (800) 734-4519 between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.laundrypumprecall.com. For consumers who purchased their product at Sears, call Sears toll free at (888) 549-5870 between 8 am – 10 pm ET Monday through Friday, 8 am – 7 pm Saturday, or visit Sear’s Web site at www.sears.com